Aspen , CO | The Destination
- When you think of Aspen you think of the rich and famous mixed with glam and skiing which it is but its also filled with history, culture and personality. It’s a must see winter and summer destination with so much going on including multiple events and festivals like the the Food and Wine Festival every June which draws people into this destination.
- The flight can be pricey flying into aspen even if it’s a close by destination (LAX- ASPEN in the summer can be around $850 round trip) but the airport is so close to all the hotels and you will avoid a 4 hour drive from Denver airport. Looking out the small airplane window might be the best mountain views you will ever see!
- Night life in Aspen is fantastic and you will find the town bustling on the weekends. Hotspots for going out are Jimmys, J-Bar at the Hotel Jerome, Caribou Club (need to be on the list as it’s a members club), Belly Up (great live music), 39 Degrees (great apres ski) also great restaurants include: Casa Tua, Ajax tavern (best fries in town), Cache Cache, Matsuhisa (sushi), and Meat and Cheese (great for lunch).
- Aspen mountain itself (aka AJAX) is an expert mountain and geared towards adults with its hard terrain and night life. Buttermilk and Snowmass are the family friendly mountains and if you’re visiting with kids, I would recommend you stay over on the Snowmass side since it has the best ski programs for kids at the Treehouse Kids Adventure center (ages start at 8 months of age). It's such a family oriented mountain compared to Aspen.
- If you want to see the best views in Aspen head to Maroon Bells (open in the summer months for hiking around the lake). Also take the gondola up Aspen mountain to the sundeck for stunning views of the rocky mountains!
Want to visit Aspen in the winter?? I would recommend booking by October 1st to receive discounted rates. Listed below are my top choices for the area as well as the added perks you receive when booking via Jetset & Travel. Specials throughout the year are always at my fingertips additionally to these perks below. Just ask me!
St. Regis Aspen
The year-round 179 guest room resort exudes a Gilded Age glamour that befits its prestigious location at the base of Aspen Mountain. With marble luxurious bathrooms and butler service you will be treated with the highest level of service here. They also have a remede spa that has 15 treatment rooms, the perfect location to relax after a long day on the slopes and the best spa in Aspen!
Hotel Jerome, An Auberge Resort
This historic Hotel embodies the essence of elevated Rocky Mountain living. Its 93 guest rooms date back to 1889 which brings it culture and soul. The hotel features a mix of contemporary and authentic Western furnishings, modern luxuries, historic charm and dining options that highlight locally sourced cuisine, all while being located in the heart of town. Looking to stay in a room with a ghost, I got you covered and can make your wishes come true :)
The Little Nell
Aspen's most legendary hotel, and indulge in exquisite five-star service and access to America's most famous mountain town. Guests enjoy exclusive ski-in/ski-out privileges, a cosmopolitan yet intimate ambience, luxurious amenities and unparalleled seasonal packages like going cat skiing or even driving the cat, summer jeep tours which include champagne and star gaze, and first track programs that will have you on the slopes before everyone else!
Located on one of North America's greatest mountains and just minutes from downtown Aspen and the centerpiece of the Snowmass Base Village, this spectacular ski-in/ski-out resort offers custom-designed residences with granite-counter kitchens, private sundecks, fireplaces, high-definition televisions and Wi-Fi. Relax by the spa’s waterfall-fed soaking pool before your holistic, Ute-influenced treatment. Dining choices are inspired, as is après-ski action. And the resort has been praised for its sustainability efforts, helping to preserve the pristine Rocky Mountain playground outside.
Added Amenities you'll receive when booking through Jetset & Travel:
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Continental breakfast for up to two in-room guests (except J Bar)
$100 USD Equivalent Food & Beverage credit
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
Want to head to Aspen but don't have the budget for these hotels. I would recommend The Limelight Hotel right next to downtown Aspen and walking distance to everything! If you're looking at the Snowmass side The Westin Snowmass is a great location ski in/ ski out and I have great relationships with both of these hotels.