Turks & Caicos | The Destination
- When you land in Turk & Caicos you have truly found PARADISE! The water is iridescent turquoise with white sand beaches. The beautiful coral reefs block the waves making it the calmest water in the Caribbean. I highly recommend you go snorkeling or diving as its one of the top 3 most beautiful reefs in the world. Now I’ve checked off 2 places from my list!
- For those traveling from the East coast of the US it’s a pretty easy trip.. just over an hour flight from Miami and 3 hours from New York.
- If you’re looking to just relax and sit on the beach and have some active days mixed in, it’s the perfect destination. For beach and relaxation just walk outside your hotel.. for activites choose between snorkeling, diving, horse back riding in the sand/ ocean, chartered boat rides, paddle boarding, jet skiing, shopping in the little town, going to a local fish fry.. the list goes on.
- This island is known for never feeling crowded and visitors can always find a private stretch of beach where you can watch your real-world stress float away with a Caribbean cocktail in hand.
- Weather you’re looking for an infinity pool, five star spa, family properties or the best views of the beaches, there is an array of different hotels from luxury private resorts and villas, to larger scale all inclusive properties.
I have had picked a few of my favorites below.. Please feel free to ask me questions on additional properties not listed.
The Shore Club- The newest hotel on the island with 106 of the BEST rooms. It’s the first resort to be on Long Bay which is about a 5minute drive to Grace Bay. Everything is uber-luxury and comfortable with crisp cream and blue decor.. I’m pretty much obsessed with their 1 bedroom ocean front suites as well as the Penthouse and villas opening soon. They have 4 pools with fantastic cabanas. The beach is pretty narrow but what’s crazy is you can walk out for 2 miles into the ocean and be able to stand the whole way out! They have great pricing currently because its new but these prices will go up soon. The scene and night life isn’t currently as active as other resorts on the island but I can see it getting there.
Grace Bay- The relaxed sophistication of this established luxury property is known for its great scene and live music nightly. Its an all-suite resort with an authentic, Caribbean flavor whichexpands 11-acres consisting of different buildings for families, romantic couples, estates with multiple bedrooms and private villa’s. They believe destinations are built on exceptional people and you feel this from the staff as soon as you walk on property. They have multiple pools and activities on the beach which make this property one families come back to year after year.
Amanarya- Take a 30 minute drive up the dirt roads in a private resort range rover and you will arrive at the secluded and peaceful property which is the most luxury and private resort on the tip of the island. Amanarya is known for its exceptional service and complete relaxation. You honestly won’t need to leave the resort since they have tennis courts, a movie theater, library, pools, beaches, kids club, spa and more. I recommend booking a room with a private alcove to wake up and take a dip in your own private piece of ocean.
Gansevoort – With 91 guest rooms including 32 suites and 4 penthouses this makes for an urban chic boutique resort with Caribbean luxury. Because of its size and being the smallest property on grace bay they truly cater to personalized service. What I loved was the buzzer on the umbrellas at the beach whenever you needed something. You don’t have to worry about waking up early to save a spot on the beach. Its one of the widest beaches giving you plenty of options for seating, even at full occupancy it won’t feel crowded. There is plenty of activities to do right out front from paddle boarding, sailing and kite surfing. They also have one of the largest pools with turquoise towels which bring all the colors together (I loved this little detail) If you’re going for a special occasion I would recommend pre-booking dinner on the beach, this was an incredible experience with amazing sunsets. Can’t forget the exhale spa and fitness classes they have daily. Great for younger couples or groups of friends.
Gansevoort Villas- opening winter 2018 –Located on the spectacular southern shore of Providenciales in an area known as Turtle tail. Its just 2.5 miles from the Gansevoort on Grace bay. Imagine arriving at an oceanfront Villa and as you step into the front doors you can see straight through to the infinity pool and turquoise waters. Now imagine every whim is serviced by the dedicated concierge and services staff. The sophisticated architecture is a mix of contemporary and open spaces with an elegant use of natural materials, blending indoor and outside spaces. Don’t forget about the private ocean level docks which you can sunbath naked if you even wanted! Perfect place to throw a party or just hang with relatives or friends for a few days! Hands down one of the best places I have ever stepped foot in.
Added Amenities you'll receive when booking through Jetset & Travel:
*Each hotel is different but have similar ones to the below.
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily Continental breakfast for up to two in-room guests
- $100 USD Equivalent Food & Beverage credit
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi