I recently visited the beautiful Four Seasons Oahu, and I'm convinced it's the perfect place to relax in beach side luxury - Hawaii Style.
Located on the “sunny side” of the Oahu, and conveniently close to Honolulu, Waikiki beach and the North Shore it's a dreamy spot to experience on a honeymoon, couples trip, or even to bring the whole family!
Here are my top reasons why Four Seasons is on my "yes list" for places to return:
- The rooms are chic and bright with that refreshing new hotel feel. I recommend getting an ocean view room because waking up with this view or relaxing on your patio will make the stay that much better. Who wants to come to Hawaii to have views of a parking lot? I stayed in a Ocean view Jr suite and loved it. This room had a little sitting area to hang out in, and the couch also doubles as a pull out bed so it's a great option for families. I also viewed another suite that is on the first floor with a door separating the bedroom and living room. Its has prime ocean front views and a private pool- inside scoop: The movie Snatched with Amy Schumer was filmed in this room! So fun! (Also is it strange that I really like the toto toilets in the room.. I mean there is something about that warm toilet seat!) I also liked the two separate sinks on either side to get ready in the Jr. Suite.
- The Adult Pool is where it is at! This is where I spent most of my time. They will come by throughout the day with refreshing cold towels, fruit and I even got a free “doctors order” Mai Tai.. which was exactly what I needed since I was working with laptop in hand all day. I also recommend the Coconut vodka drink- first option on menu. Its so delicious. This is the perfect place to watch the sunset. They also have main resort pool, and family pool as well as the spa pool.. so there is multiple options especially for the family, oh and the beautiful beach, of course ☺ (You can leave your sunscreen at home and use the complimentary Sun Bum products)
- The Spa and wellness center are fantastic. They have a full cardio room, separate weights room with everything you could need and also multiple tennis courts. The Spa uses local indigenous practices in their treatments which are preformed in, indoor and outdoor treatment rooms. If you want a peaceful relaxing day it also has its own pool, jungle relaxation area, steam, sauna, indoor relaxation area. I was even impressed with all the family options.. including treatments for kids!
- All beach activities are included (i.e., paddle boarding). It is a shared beach with Aulina resort but if you keep to the Four Seasons side it is much more manicured. They also host themed local workshops: "Cultivate, Create, and Curate" to give you a true locals flavor. The activities are great and include bamboo wood carving, haku lei making (see picture to the right), lauhala weaving, ancient healing practices and sarong dying, just to name a few. I think the lei making class is so special and something so fun to do! Of course, you can golf and it's Hawaii - there'so much to do!
- The FOOD! There is plenty of food options at the resort starting with a large breakfast buffet in the morning at La Hiki Kitchen that has everything from omelet station, waffles, French toast, full pastry spread, fruits, Hawaiian themed breakfast items and even a gluten free section! (I’ll include this in to your stay for 2 people). They also newly opened a Michael Mina seafood restaurant and have an Italian inspired cuisine, Noe. You can also enjoy light lunches and sunset cocktails at Watermans
- They really make an amazing effort on focusing on families and there were quite a few there but even if you are a couple going it's not over bearing and I think it’s a good play ground for both type of travelers. For Families, there is so much to keep the kids entertained and exploring: Build sandcastles on the white-sand beaches, watch your kids learn how to hula dance, splash around in the Family Pool, or even treat your little ones to a kid-friendly spa treatment while you indulge in a little pampering of your own.
- The technology at Four Seasons has reached another level: From the Ipad by the bed where you can request anything right to your room and view menus, spa treatments, weather etc, they also now have an app on your phone where its basically a personal butler and you can ask them to have a drink ready for you in a room and they will respond within 3 minutes- LOVE THIS!
- If you want to head off property to dinner right across the street is monkey pod that has great happy hour and live music! $10 pizzas, half off apps and low priced drinks! There is other options as well but this is the top pick.
As always, booking your trip through me has the perks you want:
- Upgrade at time of arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary continental breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay, served in restaurant
- $100 USD Spa credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
My Fav photos from my trip to Four Seasons Oahu: