Pendry, San Diego
- Created for the modern traveler who appreciates classic comfort with a contemporary edge. This is a new addition to the Montage brand but with a little younger, hipper client in mind. As soon as you step in the door you feel that “cool” vibe right away with its impeccable detail and modern pieces.
- Pendry collaborated with entertainment architect Andy Massi who has worked with the big night life scene in Vegas, so you know its going to be off the hook! His team runs 3 restaurants on property: Lionfish, Oxford social club, and poolhouse the rooftop lounge. They hooked the fish in the mouth on all three area's and I was super impressed. Lionfish- coastal cuisine. I got to experience a delicious meal. This place is the HOTSPOT! It was packed with the who’s who in San Diego on a Thursday night. Reservations are recommended. If you’re a frequent diner or a big VIP they will make you, your own person chopsticks with your name on them (see photo below). Great menu options- Big-eye Tuna Pizza, Spicy Grilled Octopus, Keep it Classy sushi roll, and Brussel sprouts. (see below picture with Chef JoJo Ruiz). Oxford club is the lounge but it seems more like a club when you're in there. They made all the tables low to the ground and are meant to be danced on. Its a great place to let loose with a group of friends around the open tables.
- In addition to these 3 outlets, the hotel has a total of 6 dining areas which include Fifth and Rose, a classic cocktail lounge that feels like you’re in a living room. If you like cucumber and honey try the “where's my Yacht” cocktail.. you must drink it with your pinky up! Provisional Kitchen which serves all 3 meals of the day. I enjoyed breakfast here and the avocado toast was delightful. Nason's Beer Hall where you can grab local beer before you hit a baseball game!
- The deluxe and premier rooms are a tad small but what I loved was the marble and leather features which make it so stylish and modern. If you’re looking for more room I would recommend the grand or executive suite. They also have a poolside suite and you will be that person living it up with basically your own corner of the pool!
- This hotel is in the perfect location if you want to be in San Deigo. If you’re in town for a baseball game at Petco Park or want a fun night out on the town.. you’re in the perfect area to explore it all.
Hotel rooms: 317
Spa: Yes, 4 treatment rooms- very small but very well done with marble and modern design throughout the spa. Products- Naturopathica
Great for: younger/ hip friends, business travelers. Those that like the night life.
Nearby Hot spot restaurants: Lionfish (within property), Bottega Americano- contemporary Italian –American, Shout House- its fun with a dueling piano bar, Herb & Wood, Puesto
Added Amenities you'll receive when booking through Jetset & Travel:
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Daily Continental breakfast for up to two in-room guests (except J Bar)
Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability