- Mindful is the essence of this wellness destination resort which is dedicated to inspiring Life in Balance . Its located 55 minutes north of the Tucson airport. As soon as you step on property you feel a sense of ease. Its hard to put into words what this feeling is but if I had to pick one word I would sum it up as healing. I can see how people come here after a divorce or trauma or just need a break from life. It personally made me slow down and learn the importance of meditation practice. Something I have never participated in but can see the results from being here these few short days.
- Before you arrive its essential to review the activities they are offering during the time you are there and make a skeleton schedule of the most important activities and classes you want to participate in. They do and will sell out. I also recommend you leave some space for free time and any classes you hear good things from others while there.. They have classes from nutrition, to dealing with trauma, to fitness classes and meditation.
- The meals and all food is included into your stay and its so nice to either just grab a fresh juice or have healthy choices daily to pick from. They always have a breakfast and lunch buffet with fresh options that are healthy and flavorful. You can also order off the menu for daily specials. I was lucky enough to try the shrimp and it was divine. Dinner is a 4 course meal and its one of the few health destination spa’s that you can actually order wine! (additional cost).
- Like a typical spa of course they have numerous spa treatments. I do have to say its not going to be your 5 star luxurious spa experience but the quality of the therapists make it that healing experience, and also a must while you are staying here after all the hiking and fitness classes you will be participating in.
- The Beds, ok so you’re not in your room very much since there is so much to do but the beds..I’ll say it again. They are so comfortable and you honestly just melt into them. They even have them for sale so if you want a Miraval bed you can purchase it.
- This is a memorable place to come with a group of girlfriends. If you have 8 of more ladies the rate will come down. Talking about a group, the Miraval Villas are the ultimate accommodations with 3200 square feet and 2-3 bedrooms. Each villa includes a large patio with a private infinity pool, fireplaces, gourmet kitchen, outdoor shower (big enough to have a party in) and spectacular views of the Santa Catalina Mountains. This is were all those celebs like Oprah stay J
Hotel rooms: 134
Spa: 26 treatment rooms. Products include: emerginC, ESPA, Dennis Gross, La Bella Donna, Morrocanoil
Great for: Ladies trips, solo trips, couples guests looking for a recharge
Nearby Hot spot restaurants: Recommend staying on property since its all included.
MIRAVAL PACKAGE RATES INCLUDES:
• Luxurious newly renovated guest room
• $175 resort credit per person, per night
• Participation in a wide array of activities including yoga, fitness and meditation classes, hiking, mountain biking, challenge courses, and healthy living lectures by Miraval specialists
• Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and smoothies
• All non-alcoholic beverages
• Round trip transfers from Tucson International Airport